Cordillera Administrative Region- As of August 2021, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) here was able to extend assistance to around 164 distressed overseas Filipino workers and victims of trafficking.

Through its International Social Services Office (ISSO) and the Recovery and Reintegration Program for Trafficked Persons (RRPTP), the DSWD was able to provide services and financial assistance amounting to around PhP 201,600.00.

“Our designated social workers are in close coordination with the local government units and partner agencies such as the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration for us to provide assistance to this sector. We are offering a wide menu of services to support their recovery”, DSWD FO CAR Regional Director Arnel B. Garcia, CESO II said.

Aside from financial assistance for medical, burial, transportation, legal, or educational needs of the clients or their family, the DSWD also provides counselling and home visitation services, livelihood assistance, airport or rescue assistance, temporary shelter, and referral to other institutions and agencies.

Individuals belonging to at least one of the following circumstances are considered as distressed OF or trafficked person:

  1. Trafficking in Person for Forced Labor or Slavery or Sexual Exploitation or Marriage (Broker, Mail Order Bride) or Organ Selling or Pornography or Cyber Sex or Child Trafficking;
  2. Victims Survivor of Illegal Recruitment  or Abuse/Maltreatment or Physical/ Emotional/ Verbal Psychological Abuse or Sexual Abuse  such as Rape, Acts of Lasciviousness, Sexual Harassment ,Pornography, Incest, Sexual Exploitation;
  3. Victims Survivor of Unfair labor Practice/Mistreatment/Breach Contract Unpaid & low salary, no food, over worked, no day-off
  4. Victims Survivor of Natural or Human Induced Disaster;
  5. Domestic/Family Problems ;
  6. Medical/Health Problems;
  7. Accused/Suspected/With Criminal Charges/Sentenced; and
  8. Documentary Related Problems (Unregistered born abroad or Expired/Lost Passport/ or Overstaying or Illegal Entry/Backdoor or In-appropriate  VISA or Fake Documents/Confiscated Documents.

Individuals experiencing or of knowledge of any of the aforementioned circumstance abroad may seek assistance from the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate. For incidents within the Philippines, concerned individuals may report to their respective Local Government Units through their barangay officials or Local Social Welfare and Development Office, the Philippine National Police, Department of Social Welfare and Development or the National Bureau of Investigation. #DSWD FIELD OFFICE CAR, SOCIAL MARKETING UNIT, NERIZZA FAYE G. VILLANUEVA-TRINIDAD

Print Friendly, PDF & Email