The Department of Social Welfare and Development – Cordillera Administrative Region (DSWD-CAR) through the Grievance Redress System (GRS) of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) has resolved 2,569 complaints out of 2,574 cases for 2019.

“Out of the total 2,574 cases received, we were able to accomplish a resolution rate of 99.81% which means that majority of the complaints were provided with appropriate interventions. The remaining five cases that accounts for 0.19% of the total are still on process for resolution,” Regional Grievance Officer Siso Laus said.

The GRS is a set of procedures meant to timely resolve issues and complaints related to the 4Ps implementation. It intends to obtain data on the project vulnerabilities to make necessary refinements and to empower communities in program accountability.

The top three complaints with the highest number of cases resolved are payment-related issues with 1,843, Cash Card related issues with 369, and ineligibility with 171 cases. Misbehavior of beneficiaries placed fourth with 140 cases resolved.

Laus elaborated that for the payment related issues, most complaints were on the reduced education grants received due to not updated school facility of the children beneficiary. He added that the complaints were validated and eligible beneficiaries to be paid through the manual retroactive payment process were identified.

On the cash card related issues, Laus reported that the complaints received were lost cash cards and forgotten Personal Identification Number (PIN). “Through monthly Family Development Sessions, beneficiaries were reminded on how to care and use Pantawid Cash Card,” he added.

The DSWD also noted that the ineligibility complaints mostly involved household beneficiaries with regular income or those being supported by family members working overseas or migrated abroad. Other cases include grantees who won posts during the 2019 local elections.

As of 16 January 2020, there are four on-going cases of ineligibility being resolved.

“There were 167 cases resolved already for the ineligibility complaints. Case conferences were thoroughly conducted by our provincial grievance officers together with the concerned Municipal Operations Offices. The remaining complaints are still being validated and we hope to resolve these immediately,” Laus explained.

Meanwhile, Pantawid Pamilya Regional Program Coordinator Fatima Florendo said that that the Program will be strengthening its efforts to address the concerns of the Program’s stakeholders. Florendo further shared that there will be intensified field validations through home visits and advocacy activities to explain and respond to similar issues.

Meanwhile, the public is encouraged to report any problems concerning 4Ps implementation through the nearest Pantawid Pamilya Operations Office.
The public can also e-mail concerns through or text complaints through the hotline number 0918-912-2813 with the following text format DSWD<space>4Ps<space>Name of Beneficiary<space>Address<space>Message.
As of 31 December 2019, there are 57,797 registered 4Ps household beneficiaries being monitored for their compliance to program conditionalities on education, health, and nutrition. # DSWD-CAR, Social Marketing Unit, Marlo C. Abyado, Jr., Pantawid Pamilya Information Officer

Print Friendly, PDF & Email